The goblins at Gringrotts are not letting us into our vault, so we are finding other ways to pay for all of the magic of the 2018 Specialty!
This year, we plan to have both the traditional Silent Auction and Daily Raffles! You can support the Specialty by donating a gift card, merchandise, or cash to purchase auction items. The Silent Auction items will be on display at the Expo Center and the Silent Auction will close on Friday at noon.
Some item ideas are:
- Themed Baskets – Creating a basket is as simple as choosing a theme, finding some
interesting items and placing them in a basket or themed container. Beverages, food,
cooking, Harry Potter or state-themed baskets are just a few ideas. Check out Pinterest for
some great ideas for silent auction baskets.
- Gift Cards – Gift cards are an easy way to contribute and they don’t take up a lot of room!
Gift cards can be added to other items in your themed basket, or we will be happy to
combine a collection of gift cards in a “Gift Card” silent auction basket.
- Art Work – works of art are among our best auction items – especially artwork featuring
our beloved breed.
- Travel and Experiences – Travel and experiences create a ton of excitement at silent
auctions. Consider donating spa days, brewery tours, ski passes, museum, movie, or sport
tickets, golf outings or theme park tickets (did someone say Hershey Park?), weekend
getaways, hotel stays, or even airline miles.
- All Things Canine – agility, obedience, and rally equipment, toys, treats, collars, etc.
- All Things Flat-Coat –many of us can’t resist Flat-Coat items: apparel, ornaments, drinkware,
jewelry, tote bags, and magnets are just a few of the items to consider donating. Etsy and
eBay have some great items that would make wonderful donations.
We hope this list gets you excited and thinking about donating to our silent auction. If you have
questions or additional ideas, please contact anyone on our committee. Or just use the form below to let us know what you plan to contribute!