HALL OF FAME
The Hall of Fame of the Flat-Coated Retriever Society of America, Inc., honors Flat-Coated Retrievers that have achieved extraordinary success in their chosen fields, and at the same time have proven that they reflect the dual purpose nature of the breed. Inherent in the requirements for admission to the Hall of Fame is the intention to foster the historical concept of the Flat-Coated Retriever as a dual purpose dog and to see this exhibited in each individual dog.
The Hall of Fame of the Flat-Coated Retriever Society of America, Inc., honors the breed’s most accomplished Flat-Coated Retrievers that have also proven that they reflect the dual purpose nature of the breed. Inherent in the requirements for admission to the Hall of Fame is the intention to foster the historical concept of the Flat-Coated Retriever as a dual purpose dog, the “strong but elegant, cheerful hunting retriever”, free from disqualifying fault, as described in the official Breed Standard adopted by the Flat-Coated Retriever Society of America, Inc.
Requirements for Admittance to Hall of Fame:
The owner or breeder of the dog can apply for admittance to the FCRSA Hall of Fame by meeting the following requirements:
- Earn a minimum of 175 points based on their accomplishments;
- Earn a conformation championship; and
- Earn a Junior Hunting Retriever (JH) or Working Certificate Excellent (WCX) title.
Awards must be earned by December 31 and the application received no later than January 15 of the following year.
All titles, except for WC/WCX, must be earned at AKC licensed events. WC/WCX must be earned at FCRSA approved events.
The person applying for Hall of Fame Status for a dog must be the owner or breeder of the dog, must be a member in good standing of the FCRSA, Inc. at the time of application, and is responsible for submitting verification of the dog’s accomplishments.
Other Regulations Governing Admittance:
- ILP Dogs: Are not eligible for the Hall of Fame.
- Foreign Registered Dogs: Are eligible for the Hall of Fame.
- Foreign Accomplishments: Are not included in the Hall of Fame.
- Points are cumulative. For example, a dog earning a CD (5 points), a CDX (15 points and a UD (30 points) has earned 50 points.
- Agility Preferred Class Option: Those who choose to use points from preferred classes will not be allowed to count points from the regular agility classes toward the Hall of Fame.
- Because the AKC Hunt Test program does not require a dog to obtain the lower level hunt test titles before progressing to a higher testing level, any dog that earns a Senior title without first obtaining the Junior title will be allowed to count the Junior title points in the total. In addition, any dog that earns a Master title without first obtaining the Junior or Senior titles will be allowed to count the Junior and Senior title points in the total.
- Neutered Dogs/Spayed Bitches: After fulfilling the Requirements for Admittance to the Hall of Fame, except for the bench championship, the owner or breeder of a neutered dog/spayed bitch may apply to the FCRSA Board of Directors (Board) to have the bench requirement waived.
To request the waiver, the owner or breeder must submit a request to the Board including the reason for neuter or spay. The Board will appoint two members near the applicant to examine the dog/bitch and confirm the dog/bitch is an adequate specimen of Flat-Coat breed type and send their written remarks directly to the Board for review. The Board will notify both the party requesting the waiver and the Hall of Fame Chair of their decision.
Supporting documents for titles/awards:
Please submit either by hard copy or email attachment the following:
- For AKC titles – AKC Points / Summary of Title Progression and/or copy of last title certificate issued by AKC
- Awards from The Retriever Field Trial News showing Volume, Issue and Page Number
- For conformation group placements, BIS and RBIS and Field Trial awards - print out of AKC competition record
- For WC/WCX – copies of each FCRSA certificate
- For Master National /Master Amateur Invitational – copy of Pass award(s)
Also submit the following for the FCRSA Newsletter, HOF Notebook and Awards Banquet PowerPoint:
- Hard copy of 8x10 photo (Portrait orientation works best for Newsletter and Notebook.)
- Digital file of above photo as email attachment (Minimum 300dpi.)
- Digital file of write-up for FCRSA Newsletter and Notebook. (Maximum length approximately 500 words.)