The Hall of Fame of the Flat-Coated Retriever Society of America, Inc., honors Flat-Coated Retrievers that have achieved extraordinary success in their chosen fields, and at the same time have proven that they reflect the dual purpose nature of the breed. Inherent in the application for admission to the Hall of Fame is the intention to foster the historical concept of the Flat-Coated Retriever as a dual purpose dog and to see this exhibited in each individual dog.
Statement of Purpose:
The Hall of Fame of the Flat-Coated Retriever Society of America, Inc., honors the breed’s most accomplished Flat-Coated Retrievers that have also proven that they reflect the dual purpose nature of the breed. Inherent in the requirements for admission to the Hall of Fame is the intention to foster the historical concept of the Flat-Coated Retriever as a dual purpose dog, the “strong but elegant, cheerful hunting retriever”, free from disqualifying fault, as described in the official Breed Standard adopted by the Flat-Coated Retriever Society of America, Inc.
Requirements for Admittance to Hall of Fame:
The owner or breeder of the dog can apply for admittance to the FCRSA Hall of Fame by meeting the following requirements:
- Earn a minimum of 175 points based on their accomplishments;
- Earn a conformation championship; and
- Earn a Junior Hunting Retriever (JH) or Working Certificate Excellent (WCX) title.
- None of the above requirements will be waived.
Awards must be earned by December 31 and the application received no later than January 15 of the following year.
All titles, except for WC/WCX, must be earned at AKC licensed events. WC/WCX must be earned at FCRSA approved events.
The person applying for Hall of Fame Status for a dog must be the owner or breeder of the dog, must be a member in good standing of the FCRSA, Inc. at the time of application, and is responsible for submitting verification of the dog’s accomplishments.
Other Regulations Governing Admittance:
- ILP Dogs: Are not eligible for the Hall of Fame.
- Foreign Accomplishments: Are not included in the Hall of Fame.
- Points are cumulative. For example, a dog earning a CD (5 points), a CDX (20 points) and a UD (40 points) has earned 65 points.
- Agility and Obedience Preferred Class Option: Those who choose to use points from preferred classes will not be allowed to count points from the regular classes toward the Hall of Fame.
- All points must be earned. Hall of Fame will no longer allow points for a JH or SH if a dog starts at the MH level. The HOF already requires a WC be earned as a separate title from WCX.
Supporting documents for titles/awards:
Please submit either by hard copy or email attachment the following:
- For AKC titles – AKC Points / Summary of Title Progression and/or copy of last title certificate issued by AKC
- Awards from The Retriever Field Trial News showing Volume, Issue and Page Number
- For conformation group placements, BIS and RBIS and Field Trial awards – print out of AKC competition record
- For WC/WCX – copies of each FCRSA certificate
- For Master National /Master Amateur Invitational – copy of Pass award(s)
Also submit the following for the FCRSA Newsletter, HOF Notebook and Awards Banquet PowerPoint:
- Hard copy of 8×10 photo (Portrait orientation works best for Newsletter and Notebook.)
- Digital file of above photo as email attachment (Minimum 300dpi.)
- Digital file of write-up for FCRSA Newsletter and Notebook. (Maximum length approximately 500 words.)
Review and HOF List
The FCRSA shall maintain a listing of Hall of Fame dogs. This listing shall include a photograph of the dog and a complete record of verified accomplishments as provided by the applicant. When necessary, the record of a Hall of Fame dog shall be updated and kept current. There will be a Hall of Fame induction ceremony held each year at the FCRSA National Specialty.
The FCRSA Board of Directors shall appoint a committee (one of whom shall have been on a previous Hall of Fame committee) that will review the Hall of Fame requirements every five (5) years (or sooner if deemed appropriate).
For questions, call Linda Schmidt HOF Committee Chair at: 1-440–283–9188.